Make the most of your vacation or quick trip to our area with promotional offers from Hawthorn Inn. These specials and packages are sure to make your Camden, Maine getaways memorable – from a romantic escape, to holidays, cooking & cuisine offers and much more.
View Camden, Maine getaways by category
Viewing all Camden, Maine getaways
Salt Water Farm offers cooking classes from June through October. Please click here for details and a complete list of the classes/workshops offered. The Hawthorn Inn partners with Salt Water Farm for Cooking Classes to provide a seaside culinary package. The package includes
- 10% off of your choice of rooms at the Hawthorn Inn (2 night minimum required during high season)
- Reduced rate on a Salt Water Farm cooking class
- Individual class at $135 (a $15 savings) OR
- Regional cooking workshops at $405 (a $45 savings) OR
- Weeklong workshop at $585 (a $65 savings)
Salt Water Farm classes are hands-on and take advantage of their seaside vegetable and herb garden. They emphasize resourcefulness in the kitchen and teach how to cook instinctually, with less of a dependency on recipes, and a readiness to use the day’s harvest. They also instill confidence in our students, so that they can feed a table of 12 with grace and precision.
Individual classes range from handmade pasta, to pies from scratch, to bread baking, to pickles and preserves, to braising on the bone. The workshops are an intensive program that covers what they deem the essential and fundamental skills in any kitchen. All of the classes end in a communal feast around the farmhouse table.
Regional Cooking Workshops are new in the 2016 curriculum. This series of Regional Cooking Workshops focuses on cuisines native to Italy, France and Mexico, all countries that Chef and Owner Annemarie Ahearn has spent time and has a great affection for. Each workshop is three days in duration and covers three distinctly different types of cuisine from each country, as food traditions tend to vary greatly from region to region.
The workshop program focuses on fundamental cooking and gardening skills, encouraging a more sustainable lifestyle. In each class, students work together to create a multi-course meal, made from local ingredients. Over the course of one week, students will learn a range of skills including knife skills, how to bake a crusty loaf of bread, how to maintain a culinary garden and how to make a lovely meal from what’s in your backyard. At Salt Water Farm, cooking is instinctually, and by the week’s end, you will too.
Classes are non refundable and the package deal is based upon availability. Please call 866-381-3647 to verify availability.
- a three night stay at the Hawthorn Inn in Camden, ME. This offer is available for check-in on
- July 20, 2016 and check out July 23, 2016
- July 27, 2016 and check out July 30, 2016
- August 10, 2016 and check out August 13, 2016
- August 17, 2016 and check out August20, 2016
- enjoying a distinctive two course breakfast each morning. Breakfasts are prepared with locally sourced foods (where possible). Our eggs come from Bowden’s egg farm in Waldoboro.
- Half Day Sail and Lobster Bake on the Schooner Olad where you will sail out to Warren State Park for a traditional Maine Lobster bake
- a free day to explore all that mid-Coast Maine has to offer.
- Swim, hike, kayak or bike to work off some of extra calories consumed during your visit to Camden.
- Relax and read a book in our charming gardens.
- Continue your Coastal Maine Culinary package by visiting one of the local wineries (Cellardoor Winery, Sweetgrass Winery, Savage Oaks or Breakwater Vineyards).
- See cheese made at the State of Maine Cheese company.
- Tour the “Kraut Haus” (Morse’s Sauerkraut and European Deli) on rte. 220 in Waldoboro and sample the world’s finest foods.
- On your final day of your Coastal Maine Culinary package do a lunchtime culinary tour of Rockland with Maine Foodie Tours.
- You may have heard about the culinary scene in Rockland, and it is well worth the praise. From farm to table freshness and seafood right off the shore, award winning chefs and creative brewers of all kinds, a chocolatier, a candy maker, and much more, this town has something for every taste bud to enjoy.
Midcoast Maine has a lot to tempt your taste buds!! The Coastal Maine Culinary package is just a small sample of what the area has to offer. The package starts at $925 double occupancy plus the 9% Maine state lodging tax for Standard Rooms and increases in price based upon room selected. (Deluxe Rooms are $985, Luxury rooms $1285)
Consider extending your stay to enjoy all that the Camden area has to offer. Additional nights are as priced on BOOK NOW.
We cannot apply the rate to or combine it with other specials or third party booking sites or third party gift certificates.
Call 866-381-3647 to verify availability. Lobster bake (Weather permitting) and Walking tours are non refundable and the package is based upon availability.
The Schooner Olad sails daily from Camden, Maine Memorial Day weekend to mid-October. The Schooner Olad offers historic two-hour day sails aboard a completely restored, classic yacht built in 1927. Captain Aaron Lincoln is a local Mainer and will talk about the history of the area as well as the schooner trade while you sail one of his favorite locations!
Add a sail on the Schooner Olad to your stay at the Hawthorn Inn when making your reservations and save 10%. (Cost: $38.70). Be sure to let us know when you would like to schedule the sail.
Schooner Olad’s cancellation policy “We will give a complete refund in the event of poor weather or unsafe conditions at the time of sail. Also, we will give you a refund if you cancel with one week notice. There are no refunds for cancellations received less than one week before date of sail and there are no refunds if you miss your sail.”
Surprise began her life as a racing and cruising yacht. Take a sail on this 1918 vessel which is on the National Register of Historic Places. Captain Ramiro and his wife/first mate Nicole look forward to showing you what they love about Camden, Maine and why they love being out on the water.
Add a sail on the Schooner Surprise to your stay at the Hawthorn Inn when making your reservations and save 10%. (Cost: $38.70). Be sure to let us know when you would like to schedule the sail.
Schooner Surprise Cancellation policy, If you book with the Hawthorn Inn, we won’t charge your card until the day and time of the trip, so in case of bad weather or unsafe conditions no charge will be made. There are no refunds for cancellations received less than one week before date of sail and there are no refunds if you miss your sail.
Extend any regular 3- to 6-day Windjammer cruise. This 2 day Camden stay package before or after the cruise is offered exclusively by the Maine Windjammer Association, this package includes:
- Two consecutive nights accommodations in a queen room with private bath in the main house.
- Full breakfast each day and full use of Inn amenities.
- Gourmet picnic lunch, packed with local and seasonal goodies.
Price for the add-on package is $439 based on double occupancy. Upgraded rooms and extended cruise or inn stays are also available at an additional charge, subject to availability. For more information on the 9 Windjammers in the fleet or the Windjammer cruises including cost or to book the cruise, visit the Maine Windjammer Association or call 800-807-WIND. Please mention Camden Inn & Cruise Package at time of booking.
Summer’s End Getaway Deal August 17 to Sept 8
Come enjoy a Summer’s end getaway deal in Camden. Bike, hike, kayak or relax in the Hawthorn Inn gardens. Stay 1 or more nights starting on a Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday and enjoy a discount on your entire stay. The longer you stay the more you save: 10% off one night, 20% off 2 nights, 30% off 3 or more nights. Check out available rooms for your summer’s end getaway. Discount will be taken during check out. Valid on NEW bookings only. It is not valid with third party bookings or third party gift certificates and in conjunction with other specials, discounts or coupons.
Camden Harbor Lover’s Special includes a 2 night stay at the Hawthorn Inn. Guests enjoy the Camden Harbor and Penobscot Bay from 2 different vantage points, a sea kayak and an historic schooner. You can soak in the rays of summer sun while viewing the beautiful rocky shoreline, small islands, Curtis Island lighthouse, seals, birds, lobster boats, and schooners. One starts each morning of the stay with a 2 course breakfast beyond ordinary. The Hawthorn Inn is a short walk to the Camden Harbor for your schooner and kayaking tours.
Promotion is good from August 1 through October 9, 2016. Package price for lowest priced room in Main house (double occupancy) is $484.40. Prices go up based on room rates. Package price for any room in the Carriage house (double occupancy) is $800. Call 1-866-381-3647 to book your Harbor Lover’s Special. Schooner rides are offered 5 times per day and kayak tours are offered three times per day. When you call to book the package, you will be asked for your time preferences.