- Looking for that one of a kind present?
- Want something for your partner to do while you are Christmas shopping?
- How about a girlfriends’ weekend to try something different, learn a new skill, and walk away with a unique handcrafted copper bracelet or pendant?
Antje Roitzsch will lead a workshop in her studio in getting a feel for how to move copper between the hammer and anvil and shape it into an elegant bracelet. There is a possibility to create a piece in silver if time allows. There will be an extra charge for the silver.
Saturday, December 7, from 3 pm to 5:30 pm
Sunday, December 8, 10:30 am to 1 pm
There will be enough time to explore other shapes, perhaps a pendant or for the practical type, a spoon or coat hangers. By changing the diameter of a round copper rod to wide and flat or high and narrow you can play with many possibilities of shaping metal.
Antje started her career as a goldsmith, jewelry designer and artist over 35 years ago with a 4 year apprenticeship in Germany. She now creates Sculptures, jewelry, and is a Massage Therapist in Camden.
The Jewelry forging package includes
- A 2 night stay in the room of your choice
- A plate of Christmas cookies in your room upon arrival
- Coffee, tea, hot chocolate and hot apple cider available all day in the common areas of the inn
- A Christmas by the Sea schedule with insights on events
- Wrap any of the gifts that you purchased during your stay or your newly create bracelet at the inn’s free wrapping station
- Tools, ear protection and copper for the workshop
The cost $150 person in addition to the cost of the room.
The workshop will require a minimum of 2 participants and a maximum of six. Final decision on workshop will be on Tuesday, December 3, 2019.
This package is only available to guests who book directly through the Hawthorn Inn or by calling 207-236-8842.